Flipgrid makes sure educators have complete control over the security and privacy of their Grids. There are a number of options to choose from within the Educator Dashboard:
- Flip Code - Only those with the Flip Code have access to your Grid and any student content. Note - sharing access to a Topic allows access to the entire Grid.
- Grid Password - Add a Grid Password under Grid settings. Now, students need the Flip Code and the Grid Password for access. Learn more here. Note - passwords cannot be added to Topics.
- Moderate Videos - Default all videos to be hidden and only visible to the Educator by turning on the Moderation feature under your Topic settings. Learn more here.
- Student Information - First & last name are the only required fields; however, students can simply use their initials (or any letters) instead of their actual name. Only Educators see the full last name.
- Private Share Links - Only share access to one specific video by using a Private Share Link. This is a great way to share with families! Learn more here.
- Canvas Integration - Grids can be integrated within Canvas. Only students within that specific Canvas course can access the Grid. Learn more here.
Have students that don't want their image on Flipgrid? Check out Flipgrid's tips for the Camera Shy.