Flipgrid makes sure educators have complete control over the security and privacy of their grids. There are a number of options to choose from within the Educator Admin:
- Grid Code - By default, the Grid Code associated with a Grid is private. Only those with the Grid Code will have access.
- Grid Password - Add a Grid Password under Grid settings. Now, students need the Grid Code and the Grid Password for access. Learn more here. Note - passwords cannot be added to Topics.
- Share Links - Disable share links to Facebook, Twitter, and Google Classroom by editing the Grid settings.
- Moderate Videos - Default all videos to hidden and only visible to the Grid owner by turning on the Moderation feature under your Topic settings. Learn more here.
- Student Information - First & last name are the only required fields; however, students can simply use their initials (or any letters) instead of their actual name. Only educators see the full last name.
- Canvas Integration - Grids can be integrated within Canvas. Only students within that specific Canvas course can access the Grid. Learn more here.
Have students that don't want their image on Flipgrid? Check out Flipgrid's tips for shy/quiet students.