Social learning is a powerful way to engage students which is why Flipgrid defaults videos to be seen by all learners in a Topic! Flipgrid also understands some discussions require moderation to hide student videos upon submission to the Topic.
Hide New Videos From Students
To default submitted videos as hidden and only visible to the educator, turn on Video Moderation under Topic settings:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- From the Discussions page, locate your Topic and expand the Actions menu to select Edit Topic
- Within your Topic Essentials, toggle the Video Moderation setting to be on:
Hide or Activate Student Videos
The quickest way to watch and make moderated videos visible is to use your Recent Videos section. Here, you can filter for moderated videos to quickly streamline your process to review and activate videos.
Educators can also activate videos directly from within the Topic:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select a Topic
- Scroll down to see a list of videos.
- Change 🔴 Hidden to 🟢 Active so students can view them.
- Use the batch actions to activate multiple or all videos at once.
Can students still view hidden videos that I haven't activated yet? Students can view their moderated videos by going to my.flipgrid.com and using their email to access any videos they have submitted on Flipgrid. Students will also receive a confirmation email their video was submitted.