A common confusion for new educators of Flipgrid is a Grid vs a Topic. Lets clear that up!
Grid = class or community
- Create one for each class you have.
- Share the Grid’s Flip Code (or Flipgrid URL) with students so that they can join the Grid and see the discussion Topics you’ve added.
- Edit the Grid Type to control how students join the Grid.
Topics = discussion questions or prompts
- Add Topics to the Grid any time you want to start a new discussion with your students. Students Respond to the Topic and Reply to other student videos.
- Topics can be simple text prompts. You can also add video, image, giphy, emoji, or attachments.
- Check out the Topic Discovery Library to find ready-made topics and add right to the Grid!