Students don't always have to be front and center on the camera. Here are tips to help students be comfortable participating on Flipgrid!
- Use the moderation setting (under Topic settings) to keep videos hidden from student view and only visible to the Educator. Learn more here.
- Have students simply cover the camera to provide an audio-only response. Sticky notes are great for this and help students get comfortable with the record process.
- Have students use props in their video such as stuffed animals, drawings, etc.
- Record in groups to help make it fun and not all about one student.
- Appsmash with other platforms like Chatterpix, Screencastify, or Adobe Spark. Students can upload custom videos to Flipgrid!
- If on mobile devices, students can flip the camera and record something else as they talk rather than record themselves. This is great for science experiments!
- While first name & last name are required fields, many students simply use initials (or any letters) instead of their actual name. As always, only educators see the full last name.
- Finally, many educators create Flipgrid recording booths as a private, quiet space for students to record their videos in class.