With the free Flipgrid app on iOS and Android devices, students can record anywhere, anytime! The app is required because mobile browsers not support recording videos.
If students are experiencing issues recording, please try the following to troubleshoot any issues:
- Make sure the Flipgrid app is on the latest version:
- iOS: Flipgrid in the App Store will simply say Open instead of Update
- Android: Flipgrid in the Google Play Store will
- Check that Flipgrid has the correct camera and microphone permissions:
- iOS: Select Settings --> Privacy and make sure Flipgrid has permission to both the camera and microphone. If you do not see Flipgrid on this list, your device has extra security settings and Flipgrid must be approved by your device supervisor.
- Update to the latest OS version, if possible.
Students may also use a computer to record their video. Contact email@example.com if the issue is not resolved.
|Video Recording||Flipgrid App||Flipgrid App|
|Compatible Devices||iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch||Native (MP4)|
|Minimum Version||iOS 9.0 or later||Android OS 5 or later|
|Overall Experience||Super Awesome||Great|