While Flipgrid provides easy and fun tools to record a video using the Flipgrid camera recorder, we also support the ability for students to import their own videos as well.
Use your phone's native camera, import other videos from Flipgrid, edit videos with iMovie, or try AppSmashing with apps like Chatterpix, Screencastify, or Adobe Spark and upload them to your Flipgrid videos! Students can import a video to Flipgrid by following these easy steps:
- Tap the green plus to start the recording process.
- Tap next to the record button on your web browser or on your app
- Select your video and finish the steps to submit to Flipgrid
Once a video is uploaded, you can add more using Flipgrid's camera, import additional clips, and reorder or trim clips.
- Flipgrid currently supports MP4, MOV and WEBM video formats.
- Maximum file size is 250MB.
- Chromebooks do not support MOV files.
- On Android devices, you may only import a single video. Importing will delete any other clips you may have recorded.
- We recommend the web browser or app is up to date to avoid any importing issues.