Flipgrid provides a fun, easy way to submit videos. Flipgrid also supports the ability for learners to import their own videos as well.
Import a custom video clip
After selecting Record a Response in a Topic, learners can import their own custom video by
- Open the Options button to the left of the record icon
- Select Upload clip to open your device's videos
- Select the video clip to import
- Review the clip and select Add more to continue adding the Flipgrid video or Next to submit the video
- Review your video - Trim, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Take a selfie - The selfie will be the cover image for your video. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Submit your video - Edit your name, add a title, or attach a link. Then submit!
- Flipgrid currently supports MP4, MOV, and WEBM video formats.
- The maximum size of an import is 500 mb.
- Chromebooks do not support MOV files.
- We recommend the web browser or app is up to date to avoid any importing issues.
Having issues with an imported video?
We recommend using a free program, such as https://convert-video-online.com/, to convert the video to 720p quality.