Flipgrid works very hard to make sure all members' voices can be part of the discussion, regardless of how they share their voice. Read our Accessibility Pledge post!
Here is more information on how Flipgrid strives to be inclusive of everyone:
- Closed Captions - By default, all new Topics have Closed Captions turned on. Leads can turn off Closed Captions and all new videos will no longer be processed. Educators can edit closed captions and add closed captions to videos without audio within their lead account.
- Immersive Reader - Microsoft's Immersive Reader is built into Flipgrid to help young members, members with dyslexia, and to translate text. The Immersive Reader helps members with features like reading text out loud, breaking text it into syllables and increasing the spacing between lines and letters. Learn more about Immersive Reader.
- Member-Generated Transcripts - Members can include their own transcripts as an attachment link. The final step before submitting their video they can edit their display name, add a Title, and attach a Link. They just need a URL to a document with their transcript (Google Doc, Word Online, or something similar).
- Text with Video - Members participate using video on Flipgrid and they have a number of options to add text to their video submissions. In addition to attaching a text file, members can style their video with text or drawing. Additionally, members can upload a picture of their text transcript as a sticker to place alongside their video.
- Accessibility best practices - We make sure Flipgrid is navigable by keyboard, works with voice-over & screenreader technology, font sizes can be increased, and other best practices for accessibility.
You can find the latest Accessibility Conformance Reports by going here and searching for Flipgrid - https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/industry-blog/government/2018/09/11/accessibility-conformance-reports/
Contact us with any questions or ideas on how we can improve our accessibility!