Flipgrid works very hard to make sure all students' voices can be part of the discussion, regardless of how they share their voice. Check out our keyboard shortcut guide.
Here is more information on how Flipgrid strives to be inclusive of everyone:
- Closed Captions - By default, all new Grids have Closed Captions turned on and all new videos automatically have Closed Captions added. If your students speak clearly and reduce much of the background noise, this technology works great on its own! Teachers can also download a full transcript from within the Educator Admin. Our team is working hard to allow teachers the ability to edit the Closed Captions in the future.
- Immersive Reader - Microsoft's Immersive Reader is built into Flipgrid Topics and video Closed Captions. The Immersive Reader helps students improve comprehension with features like reading text out loud, break it into syllables and increase spacing between lines and letters. Learn more about Immersive Reader.
- Student Generated Transcripts - Students can include their own transcripts as a Response Link. The final step before submitting their video they can edit their display name, add a Title, and attach a Link. They just need a URL to a document with their transcript (Google Doc, Word online, or something similar).
- Text with Video - The Flipgrid camera provides options for students to include text with their submission. Students can add text as one of the features when recording. Additionally, students can upload a picture of their text transcript as a sticker to place alongside their video.
- Accessibility best practices - We make sure Flipgrid is navigable by keyboard, works with voice-over & screenreader technology, font sizes can be increased, and other best practices for accessibility.
You can find the latest Accessibility Conformance Reports by going here and searching for Flipgrid - https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/industry-blog/government/2018/09/11/accessibility-conformance-reports/
Please contact us with any questions or ideas on how we can improve our accessibility!