Educators can invite their colleagues to help manage their Groups using CoPilots! CoPilots can help manage a Group by creating Topics, moderating videos, providing feedback, and more.
There is no limit to how many CoPilots can be added on a Group. The CoPilots will also have all of the same settings as the Group owner, including notifications.
Here's how to add Group CoPilots:
- Visit your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Use the Actions button on your Group and select Add a CoPilot
- Enter another Flipgrid Educator's email and select Invite
- You will need the exact email of the educator's account. Have educators sign up for free at admin.Flipgrid.com and confirm their exact account email by going to their profile page.
- For adding and/or managing CoPilots to Google Classroom Groups, only Google emails can be used.
To accept, your CoPilot will see a message at the top of their Educator account letting them know that they have been invited to join your Group! Also, they will receive an email invitation with the option to accept.
Once they click "Accept" they will be a Co-owner on that Group and will be able to help manage the next steps of sharing and engaging their students!
CoPilots can help Group owners manage their Group by adding students, creating and managing Topics, providing student feedback, and more! As the Group owner, you can easily view, add, and remove CoPilots from your Group at any time.
Managing your CoPilots
Educators can easily view which Groups have CoPilots by going to their My Groups overview. Any Groups that have CoPilots will have a blue airplane in the top right of the Group image.
View and Remove CoPilots
- Go to your Groups overview
- Select the Group with CoPilots
- Within your Group details, select Manage your CoPilots
Here you will see a list of all your CoPilots. You can add unlimited CoPilots or use the delete button to remove a CoPilot.
Only the Group Owner can add and remove CoPilots. As of today, there is no way to change which Educator owns the Group.
A5. We are actually using the copilot feature now;) @shelcags teacher from New York/twitter friend ;) our classes are collaborating in a booktalk - Wishtree is the book-we are taking turns developing prompts for students to respond ❤️ this new feature! #appsmash #FlipgridFever pic.twitter.com/xm2Wx6MRIh— Melisa Hayes (@hayes_melisa) February 21, 2018