Welcome to Flipgrid! Here are the basics you need as an educator to start igniting discussions in under 2 minutes!
Creating a Grid
- Log in - Access your 100% free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Create a Grid - A Grid is your community. Name your Grid and note the auto-generated Flip Code. Then, select one of the three Grid Types for students to join:
1. School Email (Most Popular)
- Use this option for students with email accounts.
- Add multiple email domains as needed - ex: @stu.school.edu and @school.edu and @teacher.school.edu
2. Student ID
- This is the best option for younger students without email accounts.
- Add a Student ID for each student - something easy to remember like a lunch PIN, name, or birthday. Students use the ID or their personal QR code to join the Grid.
- This option is primarily for adults and effective in creating a global community.
- Anyone can view videos on the grid with just a Flip Code. However, in order to record a video, individuals verify their email address through Microsoft or Google.
You’re all set! Flipgrid created an introduction Topic for you. Edit or create new Topics at anytime to start a new discussion.
Sharing with Students
Students don't create accounts. Educators share the Flipgrid URL with students (e.g., flipgrid.com/FlipCode). Students then use their school email, Student ID, or QR code to join and click the green plus to record a video!