Welcome to Flipgrid! Here are the basics you need as an educator to begin igniting discussions in under 2 minutes!
Step 1: Setup an Educator account
Set up your free Educator account or log in to your account at admin.flipgrid.com.
Step 2: Create a Grid
Your Grid is your classroom. Name your Grid. Select the Grid Type, or access to your Grid, which includes:
- Use this option for students with email accounts.
- Add multiple email domains as needed - ex: @stu.school.edu and @school.edu and @teacher.school.edu
- This is the best option for younger students without email accounts.
- Add a Student ID for each student - something easy to remember like a lunch PIN, name, or birthday. Students use the ID or their personal QR code to join the Grid.
- This option is primarily for adults and effective in creating a global community.
- Anyone can view videos on the grid with just a Flip Code. However, in order to record a video, individuals verify their email addresses through Microsoft or Google.
Once you've created your Grid, you can customize your Flip Code. Your students will use the Flip Code to access your Grid!
Step 3: Create a Topic
Topics are your conversation prompts or assignments! Empower your students to share their voices by creating a Topic or use our introduction Topic, Say Hello on Flipgrid, to get started.
Sharing with Students
Students don't create accounts. Educators share the Flipgrid URL with students (e.g., flipgrid.com/FlipCode). Students then use their school email, Student ID, or QR code to join and click the green plus to record a video!