Welcome to Flipgrid! Here are the basics you need as an educator to start igniting discussions in under 2 minutes!
- Login - Access your 100% free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com. Educators on mobile devices also login here, not on the app.
- Create a Grid - A Grid is your community. Name your Grid and note the auto-generated Flip Code. In addition to the Flip Code, educators select an option for Grid community type:
- School Email Domain - Students enter the Flip Code and verify their school email using Microsoft or Google.
- Student ID List - Students enter the Flip Code and input their Student ID # or scan a QR code for verification.
- PLC and Public - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants verify their email address via Microsoft or Google.
- Add Topics - Flipgrid creates an introduction Topic for you. Edit or create new Topics and include videos, images, attachments, or other optional resources.
- Share with students - Students don't create accounts. Simply share the Flip Code and have them input the Code at flipgrid.com or on the free Flipgrid app. Students will verify via email, Student ID, or QR code to participate!
See our Do's and Don'ts for Flipgrid best practices and make sure to collect consent forms from all students before onboarding them to the platform.