Accessing a Grid
With Flipgrid, students do not create accounts. Educators provide students a Flip Code and students enter this on the Flipgrid app or at flipgrid.com. The Flip Code also creates a shareable URL (e.g., flipgrid.com/FlipCode).
After entering the Flip Code, students will need to verify they have permission to access the Grid. This depends on the Grid security you have setup:
- School Email - Students enter the Flip Code and verify their school email using Microsoft or Google. Only those on your school email domain have access (everything after the @ symbol).
- Student ID List - Students enter the Flip Code and input their Student ID # or scan a QR code for verification. Only those on your Student ID list have access (great for students without email).
- PLC or Public - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code (additional Grid Password is optional). To record a video, participants verify their email address via Google, Microsoft or a custom email.
Recording a Video
Once in a Grid, students select a Topic and click the green plus to record in three easy steps
- Record a video - flip the camera and pause while recording!
- Review or Edit the video - trim, add more, or include a video title!
- Take a selfie - customize the image to add style!
Students can also upload their own custom videos. After hitting the green plus button, look for the blue gear icon and select the upload option.