One method educators can choose for students and participants to join a discussion is with a student email. Student emails are the most secure method for students to join and allows students the ability to manage their own videos with MyFlipgrid.
Student emails must be managed by Microsoft or Google.
Setting up Student Email Permission
- Log into your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select the Actions button to edit your Group or create a new Group.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section. Select Student Email.
- Add your student email(s)
- Add email domains: Give Permission to students with a common email domain. A domain is anything after the @ sign. For example, adding @flipgridstu.com would allow any student with that domain to join (they must also have the Join Code)
- Add individual emails: Give Permission to specific email addresses. For example, adding email@example.com would only allow the student with that specific email to join.
- Update or create your Group
What's the difference between Topic and Group Permissions?
Share with Students
Students will need to verify their email by logging into their email using Microsoft or Google. Only students with an email that matches the allowed emails in the Permissions setting will be allowed to join.
What if your students don't have student emails? Learn more about Student Username Permission for younger learners to enter a custom Username or easily scan a QR badge.
Want to give Permission to families and friends? You can add a Guest Password for those participants to join! Learn more about Guest Password Permission.