If your members don't have Microsoft or Google accounts, Flipgrid makes safe and secure sign in easy with usernames! Usernames are created by the Group lead and can be a name, initials, lunch pins, or any easy-to-remember combination. When creating a username, a unique QR code is also created for the member to scan on the free Flipgrid app for mobile devices and tablets.
There is no limit to the number of usernames you can make for each Group. You can bulk upload up to 250 usernames at a time by uploading a CSV.
Setting up usernames
- Sign in to your account at admin.flipgrid.com
- To add members to a new group, select +Group
- To add members to an existing group, select More options for the group and then Edit Group
- Scroll down to 'Manage members' and select Username
- Add your members' usernames
- Upload a list of members; or manually add each member's first name, last name, and username
- After adding a member, you can print a QR code for the member to scan to join the discussion
- Tip: Add some numbers or special characters to each username to make them unique
- Note: Usernames are case and space sensitive
- Update or create your group
Share with members
Members will need to verify their identity by entering their username. Only members with a username added in the group settings will be allowed to join.
Do your members have a Microsoft or Google account? Add them by email or domain.
Want to give permission to families and friends? You can add a guest password to individual topics for those participants to join!