If your students don't have Microsoft or Google accounts, Flipgrid makes it easy to secure your Grid using Student IDs and QR codes!
Educators can edit their Grids to use Student ID List at anytime. Only students with a School ID on the approved list will be allowed access. Here's how to edit your Grid security for student identifiers:
- Access your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Use the Actions dropdown and select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- In Section 2: Community Type, you can select Student ID List.
- Add or edit your student list. Student ID requires 2+ characters (letters, numbers, symbols). Use lunch pins, names, or emails for their ID.
- Each Student ID will also create a QR code students can scan for access. You may individually download each student’s QR code or the entire list at once.
Share the Flip Code with students and have them input the Code at flipgrid.com or on the free Flipgrid app. Students will need to enter their Student ID or scan a QR code for access. Now they can have fun watching and recording videos!
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about School Email Domain for another Grid community type. Want to connect with anyone in the world and easily share videos? Learn more about PLC and Public Grids.