If your students don't have Microsoft or Google accounts, Flipgrid makes it easy to secure your Grid using Student IDs! The IDs can be lunch pins, names, or any easy-to-remember combination you want!
Add, Edit, or print Student IDs
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit the My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu and select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Scroll down to Grid Type and select Student ID.
- Add or edit your student list. Student ID requires 2+ characters (letters, numbers, symbols). Use lunch pins, names, or emails for their ID.
- Each Student ID will also create a QR badge students can scan for access. No need to remember the Flip Code or student ID!
Share with Students
Share the Flip Code with students and have them input the Code at flipgrid.com or on the free Flipgrid app. Students will need to enter their unique Student ID. If they're on a mobile device such as an iPad, they can simply scan their QR badge you printed! Now they can have fun watching and recording videos!
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about School Email for another Grid type.
Want to connect with those outside your school? Add them to the student list. Also, learn more about Topic Guest Mode where only a name is required and email is optional.