With Flipgrid, students do not create accounts. Educators provide students a Join Code and students enter the code on the Flipgrid app or at flipgrid.com. The Join Code also creates a shareable URL (e.g., flipgrid.com/JOINCODE).
Join Codes will be a random string of lowercase letters a-z and numbers 0-9. Each Group and Topic have a Join Code for direct access to that discussion. Share the Group Join Code for students to access all the Topics used throughout the year!
Educators can customize the Group Join Code. Topics Join Codes cannot be customized.
Customize the Group Join Code
- Access your free educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Within Discussions, select the Groups tab
- Select the Actions dropdown and select Edit Group (not to be confused with editing a Topic).
- Customize the Join Code using lowercase letters a-z and numbers 0-9
- Update the Group to apply your changes