We have made a number of exciting updates to Flipgrid recently, including making everything 100% free! Flipgrid requires students to join Grids using their Microsoft/Google email or a student ID to join the conversation.
Here's how to edit your Grid and select one of the Grid Types:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit your main My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu to select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Scroll down to the Grid Type section and select one of the three options.
- School Email (Most Popular) - Use this if your students have school email accounts. Add multiple domains (everything after the @ symbol) for teachers, students, and GridPals!
- Student ID - This is great for students without emails. Add a Student ID for each student - lunch pin, name, or something easy to remember. Each student also has a unique QR badge for easy access!
- Public and PLC - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants verify their email address using a Microsoft or Google email.