We have made a number of exciting updates to Flipgrid recently, including making everything 100% free! We now require students to sign in using their Microsoft/Google emails or a student ID to join the conversation.
Here's how to edit your Grid and select one of the Grid Community Types:
- Visit your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Use the Actions button to select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Under section 2. Community Type you can select one of the three options.
- School Email Domain - Students enter the Flip Code and verify their school email using Microsoft or Google. Add multiple domains for teachers, students, and GridPals!
- Student ID List - Students enter the Flip Code and input their Student ID. Each student also has a unique QR code for easy access. Great for students without emails!
- PLC and Public - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants verify their email address via Microsoft or Google, including personal @outlook.com and @gmail.com emails.