Educators create Grids to invite students, peers, families, and communities to participate in Flipgrid. Think of Grids as your classroom or community!
When setting up a Grid, Educators have 3 types of options to allow students or participants to access the Grid.
- School Email (Most Popular) - Use this if your students have school email accounts. Add multiple domains (everything after the @ symbol) for teachers, students, and GridPals!
- Student ID - This is great for students without emails. Add a Student ID for each student - lunch pin, name, or something easy to remember. Each student also has a unique QR badge for easy access!
- Public and PLC - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants must verify their email address using a Microsoft or Google email.
How to edit your Grid Type:
- Access your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit your main My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu to select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Scroll down to the Grid Type section and select one of the three options
- Select the Update Grid button to save your settings
Want to share access to a specific Topic without having to edit your Grid type? Topic Guest Mode is a great way to share topic-only access (meaning they can't see all the other Topics) without needing to sign in with a Google/Microsoft email or Student ID.