Educators create Topics and Groups to invite students, peers, families, and communities to participate in Flipgrid. You can set Permissions - previously known as 'Access Types' - to manage who can open them and post video responses.
- Student Emails- Students enter the Join Code or Link and join using Microsoft or Google accounts. Only those with a Microsoft/Google email that matches the educator's approved emails can open the Topic.
- Student Usernames - Students enter the Join Code or Link and input their Student Username, which is created and assigned by the educator.
- Public - This is not recommended for classroom use and should be considered for adult communities only. Participants only need the Join Code or Link to view videos. To record a video, participants must log in using a Microsoft or Google account. This includes personal Gmail accounts and school accounts.
- Guest Password - Educators can invite family, peers, or other communities to join a Topic by entering a password once they've opened the Join Code or Link. Guest passwords can be added to Student Email and Student Username Permission types.
How to edit your Permission Type:
- Access your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to go to your Discussions
- Select your Topics or Groups
- Use the Actions button to edit your Topic or Group
- Scroll down to the Permissions section
- Set the Permission using private Permission (Student Emails, Student Usernames, or Guest Password) or public Permission
- If editing a Topic within a Group, turn on Set Custom Topic Permissions to change the Permission type on that specific Topic, otherwise, it will keep the Group's Permissions setting
- Select the Update Topic or Group button to save your settings