NOTE - if you're on an iPad, iPhone, or Android device, please make sure you are on iOS 10+ and Android OS 5+ in order to be on the latest version of the Flipgrid app.
Flipgrid has made a number of exciting updates, including making everything 100% free!
Any Grids created before August 1st required Grid passwords as we made updates. There is no way to update this password. Instead, you must now edit and update your Grid for one of the three Grid community types, which requires students to use their Microsoft/Google email or a Student ID.
Here's a quick video explaining the updates - flipgrid.com/a0e169. We also have step-by-step instructions here:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit your main My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu to select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Under section 2. Community Type you can select one of the three options.
- School Email Domain - If your students have school emails, use this option for your Grid. Students enter the Flip Code and verify their email using Microsoft or Google.
- Student ID List - If your students don't have emails, use this option. Students enter the Flip Code and input their Student ID #, or scan a QR code for verification.
- PLC and Public - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants verify their email address via Microsoft or Google, including personal @outlook.com and @gmail.com emails.
Want to share with families, experts and others outside of your school? Learn about Guest Mode for easy sharing!