A password is an optional feature Educators can add to Public Grid. This is different than a Flip Code that Educators share with students.
Edit the Grid password or remove it completely:
- Access your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit your main My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu to select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Under the Grid Type section, you can select one of the three options.
- School Email - If your students have school emails, use this option for your Grid. Students enter the Flip Code and verify their email using Microsoft or Google.
- Student ID - If your students don't have emails, use this option. Students enter the Flip Code and input their Student ID #, or scan a QR code for verification.
- Public PLC - Allow anyone to view videos with just the Flip Code. To record a video, participants verify their email address via Microsoft or Google, including personal @outlook.com and @gmail.com emails.
Want to share with families, experts, and others outside of your school? Learn about Guest Mode for easy sharing!