Flipgrid supports any browser on PCs, Macs, and Chromebooks.
- Make sure your browser has given Flipgrid permission to access your camera and microphone. This is a setting that can be found both within your browser, as well as your computer settings.
- Log out of the Topic or Group by clicking the button in the upper-right corner of the Flipgrid page and re-join the discussion.
- Ensure that any browser extensions aren't interfering with the camera by opening the Flipgrid camera in an Incognito/Private browser window
- Update to the latest version of your web browser:
- Try another browser to see if the issue persists. This helps identify an issue with the browser versus the device itself
- Is Flipgrid embedded into another webpage? If so, please go directly to flipgrid.com and enter your Join Code. Embedded Topics can cause issues loading the Flipgrid camera.
- Force quit the browser and try again (hold Command + Q on Mac, Alt+F4 on PC, close ALL windows on Chromebooks). You can also restart your device and try again.
How to turn on camera and microphone permissions on your browser
- Open the Flipgrid camera in your web browser to begin recording
- In the URL bar, select the lock icon next to the Flipgrid URL
- Ensure the Camera and Microphone settings are set to allow
- Refresh the page
If that does not load the camera, reference these article specific to the device for further troubleshooting:
- PC's - Camera/Microphone Access
- Macs - Camera/Microphone Access
- Chromebooks - Camera/Microphone Access