Flipgrid supports any browser on PCs, Macs and Chromebooks! If you're having issues accessing your camera/microphone on Flipgrid, please try the recommended steps below:
- Make sure your browser has given Flipgrid the permission to access your camera and microphone. This is a setting that can be found both within your browser as well as your main computer settings (see device-specific instruction links below)
- Log out of the Grid by clicking the button in the upper-right corner of the Flipgrid page and re-join. This will refresh your access with our system.
- Open the Flipgrid page in a Private browser window by following these instructions: https://www.howtogeek.com/269265/how-to-enable-private-browsing-on-any-web-browser/ (this can help identify if there is a browser extension or add-on that is interfering.)
- Is Flipgrid embedded into another webpage? If so, please go directly to flipgrid.com and enter your Flip Code.
- Update to the latest version of your browser of choice. We recommend using Chrome.
- Try another browser to see if the issue persists. This helps identify an issue with the browser vs your device.
- Force quit the browser and try again (hold Command + Q on Mac, Alt+F4 on PC, close ALL windows on Chromebooks). You can also restart your device and try again.
Some issues can be specific to devices.
If problems continue for you when trying to use Flipgrid on a web browser, please click "Contact Support" and we will assist you further!