Chrome is our preferred browser for PCs, Macs, and Chromebooks because it has the latest recording technology. If Chrome won't allow access to your camera or microphone, there are a few things to check:
- Is Flipgrid embedded into another webpage or are you on flipgrid.com? If so, please go directly to flipgrid.com and enter your Flip Code.
- Please try using an incognito window. This will be helpful to make sure there aren't any Chrome extensions causing issues.
- Check another browser to see if the issue persists. This helps us check if it's a system-wide issue or a browser specific issue.
- Please confirm you are on the latest browser version. You can do this by going to chrome://settings/help
- Please confirm what permissions you have set for the microphone and camera. You can do this by going to chrome://settings/content - check that Flipgrid is allowed under both the camera and the microphone
Some issues can be specific to devices.
If your Chromebook is a school managed device, please have your school IT confirm camera and microphone access is allowed in the Google Chrome Active Directory policy.
If you continue having issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm you have completed these steps by providing your browser version and screenshots of the permissions.