Chrome is our preferred browser for PCs, Macs, and Chromebooks because it has the latest recording technology. If Chrome won't allow access to your camera or microphone, there are a few things to check:
- Is Flipgrid embedded into another webpage or are you on flipgrid.com? If so, please go directly to flipgrid.com and enter your Flip Code.
- Please try using an incognito window. This will be helpful to make sure there aren't any Chrome extensions causing issues.
- Check another browser to see if the issue persists. This helps us check if it's a system-wide issue or a browser specific issue.
- Please confirm you are on the latest browser version. You can do this by going to chrome://settings/help
- Please confirm what permissions you have set for the microphone and camera. You can do this by going to chrome://settings/content - check that Flipgrid is allowed under both the camera and the microphone
- Schools that manage devices will also need to check displaying of 3D content. Device Management > Chrome > Settings > User & Browser Settings > Content). Confirm that "Always allow display of 3D Content?" is checked.
Some issues can be specific to devices.
Chromebook - If your Chromebook is a school managed device, please have your school IT confirm camera and microphone access is allowed in the Google Chrome Active Directory policy. Also, please confirm the "Always allow display of 3D Content?" is checked.
If you continue having issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm you have completed these steps by providing your browser version and screenshots of the permissions.