Check Mac system settings - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-microphone-on-mac-mchla1b1e1fe/mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Click Camera.
- Select the tickbox next to an app to allow it to access the camera. Deselect the tickbox to turn off access for that app.
- Follow the same process for your microphone
If you don't see the Camera/Microphone setting in the Privacy section, please update your Mac OS to the latest version - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlpx1065/mac
If you have multiple audio devices connected to your Mac, it might sometimes not select the one you are trying to use. Here's how you can change those settings:
- Open your System Preferences
- Click on "Sound"
- Click the "Input" option
- Here you will see a list of your audio input devices - select the device you are wanting to use.