Flipgrid videos can now be viewed in augmented reality with FlipgridAR! Add QR codes to your student's artwork or within books, scan using the Flipgrid app, and watch the video come to life!
I’m already thinking about how great it will be to always have Ss’ voices connected to their work!! Having some fun trying out the new #flipgridar 🌟📣🌟 @Flipgrid #UIMedia19 pic.twitter.com/w4xKwmcbuD
— Larissa Bailey (@MrsB2ndGrade) July 2, 2019
How to use FlipgridAR
Download a video's QR code and scan with the Flipgrid app to watch in FlipgridAR.
- Log into your admin dashboard at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Navigate to the Topic containing the video(s) you want to transform into an augmented reality experience.
- Download the QR code for all the videos or an individual video.
- To generate the QR codes for all the videos, select Print QR Codes from the response list.
- To generate the QR code for an individual video, select the share icon and and then select Share QR Code.
To watch a video in FlipgridAR, open the Flipgrid app on a compatible iOS or Android device and select the scan QR code option. The video will pop off the QR code and play right in front of you! Pinch to zoom in/out or select full screen, share, or download.
Apple devices made after 2015 (iPhone 6s or newer) running iOS 12 or higher have AR capabilities. Check your device to see if it has Apple's "arkit" compatibility here: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix.html
Android devices running Android OS8 (Oreo) are supported, along with limited OS7 support. Google has a list of supported devices, and if they have special operating system requirements, at https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices