A Topic Focus gives you the option to add a resource to engage your students. This is optional but something we recommend to help add design, style, and more info to your Topic! Here's details on all the different Topic Focus options (Note - only one Topic Focus is allowed. You can delete an existing Focus to see all the options):
- Record a Video - use the Flipgrid camera features to add a video. Whiteboard mode, images as stickers, pixel filters, and more!
- Upload a Video - record a video using another platform (such as Screencastify or PowerPoint). We recommend mp4 files in 720p quality.
- Add YouTube or Vimeo Video - search or paste any URL already on YouTube or Vimeo. This is also a great way to post videos longer than 5 minutes.
- Upload an Image - We recommend the image is 1600x900 pixels. We currently support jpegs but are working to support png files in the future!
- Add a Giphy - search giphy for a fun gif. Note: some school networks block giphy.
- Add an Emoji - express yourself with an emoji! 🤪
- Partner Resources - add a link to one of our partners for a great resource. Microsoft documents, Google Docs, Kahoot games, Wakelet collections, Nearpod lessons, Newsela articles, Adobe Sparks, or Wonders from Wonderopolis.
Here's how to edit your Topic Focus:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Select a Grid by clicking its name.
- Scroll down to see a list of your Topics. Use the Actions menu and select Edit Topic (not to be confused with editing a Grid).
- Scroll down to edit the Topic Focus. Note - only 1 Topic Focus is allowed. You can delete an existing Focus to see all the options