Educators can add an unlimited number of Topics to their Grid! Here’s how to start engaging your students:
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Select a Grid by clicking its name.
- Scroll down to see a list of your Topics. Use the Add New Topic button to get started.
- Complete the form to add a new Topic. Here’s a quick overview of the Topic Essentials:
- Only the Title and Prompt are required. Default video length is 90 seconds and you can allow up to 5 minutes.
- We also recommend adding an optional Topic Focus such as a video, image, Giphy, or one of our featured partner links.
- Select “More Options” to see all Topic features listed below.
Once you’re done, select “Create Topic” in the bottom right. Then simply share the Topic link with your students and have them start recording videos!
Here’s a full list of Topic features and more information on each 👍
- Recording Time - adjust from 15 seconds to 5 minutes.
- Topic Focus - add images, video, gifs, or partner resources.
- Topic Tip - encourage your students to share with confidence!
- Topic Attachment - add links for students to explore before recording.
- Video Moderation - hide videos by default so they're only visible to the educator.
- Student-to-Student Replies - allow students to record a video reply to their classmates.
- Topic Status
- Launch and Freeze Dates
- Shorts camera - video styles, editing
- Video Titles
- Attachment Link
- View Count and Likes