We work very hard to make sure Flipgrid is inclusive and accessible to all. If turned on, all Flipgrid videos are automatically transcribed and close-captioned by Microsoft Azure. In addition to changing the language and disabling closed captions, Educators can also edit closed captions. Students can't edit their closed captions but they can add custom text to their videos. Learn more here.
To edit closed captions, follow these easy steps:
- Visit your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Scroll down to see a list of Topics within your Grid. Select the Topic where the video is located.
- Scroll down to see a list of videos. Use the Actions button and select Edit Captions on the video you'd like to edit the captions.
While editing, there are a few options:
- Edit text: Edit the text if there are any incorrect captions.
- Combine: Combining the caption will merge the text field with the one above it to create one longer caption. This is helpful for short captions.
- Split: Splitting the caption will break the text in that caption into two separate captions. This is helpful for long captions.