Our team works hard to ensure Flipgrid is inclusive and accessible to all. If enabled, all Flipgrid videos are automatically transcribed and close-captioned by Microsoft Azure. All Topics automatically have closed captioning on for English.
In addition to changing the language and disabling closed captions, educators can also edit closed captions, and add closed captions for videos with no audio. Students can't edit their closed captions but they can add custom text to their videos. Learn more here.
Editing closed captions
- Visit your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Within Discussion, select the Topic or go to your Group and select the Topic
- Scroll to the list of video Responses
- Select the video and tab to the Closed Captions tab or select Actions and Edit Captions on the video you'd like to edit the captions
- Save your changes by selecting Update Captions
- Edit text: Edit the text if there are any incorrect captions.
- Combine: Combining the caption will merge the text field with the one above it to create one longer caption. This is helpful for short captions.
- Split: Splitting the caption will break the text in that caption into two separate captions. This is helpful for long captions.