Use the following article if you experience any of the following issues:
After you submit your video, it should only take 1-2 minutes to process. On rare occasions, it may take up to 10 minutes. Allow time for your video to process before you try to play it again. Some reasons for playback issues include:
- Lost connection: The device lost internet while you recorded or submitted the video, or you closed the app before the video was submitted.
- Outdated browser or app: If you don’t have the latest version of your browser or app, update your browser or uninstall and reinstall the Flipgrid app.
- Imported videos: If you want to import a video, we recommend it be in the .mp4 format, with 720p quality. Videos recorded outside Flipgrid and then imported can possibly cause issues. To convert the video file, use a free program such as https://convert-video-online.com/ if the issue continues. Learn how to import a video.
Video has no audio
If a video has no audio, it's likely the browser you used to record needs to be restarted and updated to the latest version. We can't fix a video after you submit it but you can take steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Note: Flipgrid offers a feature to record without audio. Make sure you don't have this setting turned on. The camera defaults to record with audio.
Video and audio don't sync
Members with older devices can experience issues with their audio not synced up with their video.
How to troubleshoot video playback or audio issues
- Find out if your system is compatible with Flipgrid.
- Find out your web browser's version and update to the latest version.
- Open another browser and try to create and submit another video. This helps identify an issue with the browser versus a systemwide issue.
- Force quit the browser or restart your device and try again. To force quit:
- On Windows: Alt + F4
- On Mac: Command + Q
- On Chromebook: Close all windows.