Educators can provide private feedback to students through the Feedback feature. Feedback can be provided by text, video, or a scored rubric. Educators can create custom rubrics.
Feedback is only visible to the video creator (see below on how to share). Educators can leave a text comment using Vibes or a reply video, both of which other students can see in the class.
How to provide private feedback to students:
- Open your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Navigate to the Topic that contains the videos you are wanting to provide feedback on by clicking on the Grid and then the Topic.
- Click on the student's name to bring up the Feedback panel.
- Video Feedback - Tap the green recording button to provide a private video
- Grading Rubric - Score the video based on the Topic criteria. Default and custom rubrics are set up when editing a Topic.
- Comment - Enter your text feedback.
How to share feedback with students:
- My.Flipgrid.com - Students can go to my.flipgrid.com to see every video they have recorded and easily access Grids they have joined in the past, as well as view private feedback from Educators on their videos. MyFlipgrid is only available to videos to students who use emails to join the Grid.
- Email via Flipgrid. If students are using emails to join the Grid, educators can click the Email Feedback button to send an email notification with access to the feedback
- NOTE - Flipgrid emails are often blocked by school systems. Make sure your IT department allows any @flipgrid.com emails to be delivered to students. More info here.
Students don't have emails?
If your students don't have email, they you need to use the Copy Feedback Link and share this with students via an email, LMS communications, or any other platform to communicate with students.
Don't want to provide feedback via Flipgrid? Learn how to integrate with Canvas Speedgrader or have students submit their video links to Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, or any LMS!