Educator Alert! Giving feedback in Flipgrid will change in August '21.
To make the product easier to use and streamline functionality, educators will only be able to leave feedback via private text or video comments starting in August '21. The feedback tab and rubrics will no longer be available. Students can view private text and video comments under their response in addition to my.flipgrid.com. Students will also still receive an email notification when an educator has submitted a private text or video comment.
What happens to feedback provided prior to August '21?
Educators will still be able to download private feedback, now and after August '21.
How will students be able to view their private feedback provided prior to August'21?
We are here to listen to your feedback and better Flipgrid to your needs. To share your feedback on this change, please click here and select request as the option that best describes your question.
Educators can provide private feedback to students through the Feedback feature. Feedback can be provided by text, video, or a scored rubric. Educators can create custom rubrics. Feedback is only visible to the video creator.
How to provide private feedback to students:
- Open your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Within Discussions, select the Topic or the Group to view a list of Topics
- Click on the student's name to bring up the video Response Details. Click on the student's name to bring up the video Response Details. As the video plays, scroll down to Response Details.
- Select the Feedback tab to provide private feedback
- Video Feedback - Select the red Record Feedback button to provide a private video
- Grading Rubric - Score the video based on the Topic criteria. Default and custom rubrics are set up when editing a Topic.
- Comment - Provide text feedback
How to share feedback with students:
- MyFlipgrid - Students can go to my.flipgrid.com to view private feedback from educators on their videos, as well as view every video they've recorded and easily access Topics and Groups they've joined in the past. MyFlipgrid is only available to videos to students who use emails to join the discussion.
- Email via Flipgrid - Educators can click the Email Feedback button to send an email notification with access to the feedback.
- NOTE - Flipgrid emails are often blocked by school systems. Make sure your IT department allows any @flipgrid.com emails to be delivered to students. More info here.
- Copy Feedback Link - Educators can copy a link to the Feedback and share it with students.
Students don't have emails?
If students don't have email and are using a Student Username to join the Topic, educators will need to use the Copy Feedback Link and share this with students via email, LMS communications, or any other platform to communicate with students. Flipgrid does not remember emails that are manually entered for feedback.
Don't want to provide feedback via Flipgrid? Learn how to integrate with Canvas Speedgrader or have students submit their video links to Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, or any LMS!