Step 1: Locate the Join Code
Your educator has given you one of these ways to join the right discussion:
- Join Code (e.g. FGrid3567, a591dc5d)
- QR code
- Join Link (e.g. https://flipgrid.com/FGrid3567 or https://flipgrid.com/a591dc5d )
Step 2: Join the discussion
Open the Flipgrid app and enter the information provided by your educator in step 1:
- If a Join Code, simply enter the code (e.g. FGrid3567, a591dc5d)
- If a QR code, scan the QR code with your device camera or the Flipgrid mobile app.
- If a Join Link, tap the link or simply enter everything after flipgrid.com/
You’ll then see a prompt to log in if the Topic isn't Public. Join with your Microsoft or Google email, enter your Student Username, or enter a password. If your Student Username or password are not working, be sure to double-check what you entered as it is case sensitive.
Step 3: Record and Submit
Once you’ve joined, you’ll see your educator’s Topic, or discussion prompt. Follow the instructions and when you’re ready to record, click the red Record a Response button or the record icon in the bottom right.
Record a video in 4 easy steps:
1. Tap to record - Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
2. Review your video - Trim, split, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
3. Take a selfie - The selfie will be the cover image for your video. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
4. Submit your video - Edit your name, add a title, and/or attach a link. Then submit!
The Flipgrid camera offers a lot of fun and creative ways for you to share your ideas and voice! Check out all the features here, learn how to import a custom video , or how to include a screen recording.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn't my Student Email working to join? Your educator has allowed specific email access to the discussion. Please ensure you're logging in with the correct email or send the error message to your teacher for additional help.
Why isn't my Student Username working? Enter the Student Username exactly how it was provided by your educator. Please ensure there are no spaces before or after and take note of case-sensitivity!
Can I delete my video? Students can delete or hide their videos by going to MyFlipgrid.com. If students used a Student Username, please contact your teacher to delete your video.
Can I customize the app settings? In the top right of the app, you will see a triple dot icon. Tap to navigate to Settings.