If your students don't have an email, Flipgrid makes it easy to secure your Grid using Student IDs! The IDs can be as simple as student names, initials, lunch pins, or any easy-to-remember combination you want. There is a maximum of 250 student IDs per Grid.
Add, Edit, or print Student IDs
- Access your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com to visit the My Grids page.
- Use the Actions menu and select Edit Grid (not to be confused with editing a topic).
- Scroll down to Grid Type and select Student ID.
- Add or edit your student list. Student ID requires 2+ characters (letters, numbers, symbols). Student IDs are case and space sensitive so be sure to enter the ID exactly how you want your student should use it. You can also import a CSV of your student IDs as well. Simply create a unique column for their first name, last name, and student ID in that order.
- Each Student ID will also create a QR badge students can scan for access. No need to remember the Flip Code or student ID!
Share with Students
Do your students have a Microsoft or Google account? Learn more about School Email for another Grid type.
Want to connect with those outside your school? Add them to the student list. Also, learn more about Topic Guest Mode where only a name is required and email is optional.