Once videos are submitted, Educators can view and edit various details of the student video in their Educator account. However, Educators cannot edit the video itself.
Students can edit their name before submitting but need to contact their teacher to edit after submitting.
How to edit video details:
- Access your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Select the Topic tab under the Discussion menu.
- Select the Topic to view the Responses.
- Scroll to see a list of videos. Select the Actions button and select Edit Response.
- Select Update Response when you are done editing.
Editing a Response:
- Edit Name. Edit the first or last name of the student. Only the first initial of the last name is shown to others.
- Edit Display Name - The display name will appear on the video instead of the student's name.
- Add/Edit Email. An email allows students to receive private video feedback, assessment scores, and private text comments. Using the "School Email Domain" community type will automatically include the student's email address.
- Add/Edit Title. Titles are limited to 100 characters and can include hashtags for searchability.
- Add/Edit Link. Students can attach a link with their video to submit Google Docs, PowerPoints, or other website URLs.
Flipgrid does not allow the video or cover image to be edited after submitting it. It is possible to download the video, edit in another application (such as iMovie), and import the video as a new Response.
Students, please contact your teacher for assistance with editing any video details.