Edit Your Topic
- Visit your educator dashboard at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select the Topic Tab
- On your topic, use the Edit Topic (little pencil)
- Title: A short, 35 character max title for the Topic
- Prompt: A question of stimulus for the Topic. Check out the Discovery Library for ideas!
- Recording Time: Max recording time of student videos. The minimum time is 15 seconds and supports a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Closed Captions: Set a different language or turn off closed captions.
- Video Moderation:
- Off = students will see each classmate's videos. This is the default for all new Topics.
- On = NEW videos will be hidden and only visible to the teacher.
- Important: If you turn on "Moderate videos and comments," your members won't be able to edit response details included in a video submission. The "Edit response details" option won't show up, but they'll be able to delete their response.
- Media: Add a Topic video, image, giphy, or a featured link.
- Attachments: Add up to 9 external links to websites such as OneNote, Google Docs, or YouTube.
- Active = students can record
- View Only = students can only view videos
- Hidden = students can't see the Topic nor its videos
- Scheduled Dates:
- Launch Date = Schedule when a Topic goes from Hidden to Active at 12:01am
- Freeze Date = Schedule when a Topic goes from Active to Frozen (view only) at 11:59pm
- Video and Cover Image Effects: Students can add filters, stickers, drawing, and text to their videos and cover images.
- Video Editing: Students can trim and rearrange clips. You can't prevent students from starting over.
- Comments: Allow students to reply via video or text to another student
- Attachment Link: Allow students to include an external link with their video such as news articles or Word Docs
- View Count: Each view counts as soon as you tap play. There is no way to track which specific student views a video.
- Likes: Off by default, you can allow students to like other student videos. There is no way to track which specific student likes a video.
- Sticky Note: Students can take notes using stickies before or during recording. These are not saved after submitting.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Contact Support