Group leads can add an unlimited number of Topics to their Group. Topics are the conversation prompts or questions and are the key to learners sharing their voice by recording a Flipgrid video.
Need some inspiration? Check out our Discovery Library for Topics created by our partners, like the Met, or our community of educators
Creating a Topic
- Go to the Groups tab and choose a Group.
- Select Add a Topic
- Customize your Topic with Topic Details
- Optional: add attachments, topic media, and recording time.
- Optional: Select Settings to moderate the topic, guest password, launch dates, and more
Select Save to Group
- Title: Name your Topic.
- Prompt: Add in your discussion prompt or instructions for your learners. Learners can reference these details in the Flipgrid camera as well!
- Media: Add a video, image, or link a resource that will stand out to your learners
Other options to customize your Topic
- Topic Attachments: Link additional resources, like online articles or slideshow
For additional Topic settings, select the Settings button on the right.
- Topic Moderation: Default submitted videos to be hidden from students until approved by the educator. Learn more about Topic Moderation.
- Recording Time: Determine the maximum recording length for learners
- Comments: Enable Video, Text, Video and Text, or no comments. Learn more about comments.
- Closed Captions: Set the correct language for your closed captions or turn them off
- Status: Make the Topic Active, Hidden from learners, or Frozen (view-only) upon creation
- Scheduled Dates: Activate or freeze the Topic on a specific date
- Attachment Links: Determine if students can include a link with their video submission
- View Count: Display or hide the video counts from students
- Likes: Allow students to like videos
- Download and Share: Determine whether or not students have access to download their own videos after creating it
Camera settings for Responses
- Essentials: Determine if students can use text, drawing, photos, stickers, frames, and board.
- Expressions: Determine when students can use filters, backdrops, GIFS, stickers, and more camera effects
- Sticky Notes: Allow or hide sticky notes in the camera when recording