Topic Moderation will default all student videos and comments to be hidden from other students and only visible to the educator in their Educator Dashboard. Topic Moderation is a great feature for educators who manually want to view and approve videos for student view, private office hours, or assessments.
- Enabling Topic Moderation
- Video Response Moderation view for students
- Hide or Activate Individual Response videos
- How to moderate text comments
Enabling Topic Moderation
- Access your educator account at admin.flipgrid.com
- Within Discussions, create a new Topic or go to Actions and Edit Topic
- Go to the Essentials section and turn on Topic Moderation to default video responses and comments to be hidden
- Select Create or Update Topic to save your changes
Video Response Moderation view for students
Once Video Moderation is enabled, learners have a few ways to confirm their videos have been successfully submitted.
- Learners will see the Moderated text underneath the Record a Response icon
- Learners will receive a confirmation on the last step of the recording process
- Learners will return to the Topic to see a moderation message
Hide or Activate Individual Videos
- Within Discussion, select the Topic
- Scroll to the video Responses table
- Next to the video Response, change the status to Hidden or Active
Educators can also quickly view and activate/hide all the moderated, or hidden, video Responses and Comments in Recent Activity.