Topic moderation hides all member videos and comments from other Group members. Only the Group lead and co-leads will be able to view them in their Educator Dashboard. Topic Moderation is a great feature for leads who manually want to view and approve videos for members to view, use Flipgrid for private office hours, or assessments.
- Enabling Topic Moderation
- Video Response Moderation view for students
- Hide or Activate Individual Response videos
- How to turn off Topic Moderation on an existing Public Topic
Enabling Topic moderation
- Go to your Educator Dashboard at admin.flipgrid.com.
- From your Dashboard page, go to the Topics tab, locate your Topic or create a new topic in your group.
- Use the pencil icon to Edit Topic.
- Click on Settings .
- Within the Topic section, toggle on Moderate videos and comments.
Video Response moderation view for members
Members can confirm that their Topic is moderated in the following ways:
1. Members will see the Moderated text underneath the Add Response button.
2. Members will receive a confirmation on the last step of the recording process
3. Members will return to the Topic to see a moderation message.
Hide or Activate Individual Videos
The quickest way to watch and make moderated videos visible is to use your Recent Videos section. Here, you can filter for moderated videos to quickly streamline your process to review and activate videos.
Recent Videos Section
- On your Educator Dashboard, click on your Profile icon.
- On the dropdown, click on Activity.
- Toggle right Only Show Moderated Responses.
Group leads can also activate videos directly from within the Topic:
- Go to your Educator Dashboard at admin.flipgrid.com
- Select a Topic
- Scroll down to see a list of videos.
- Change Hidden to Active so members can view them.
- Use the batch actions to activate multiple or all videos at once.
How to turn off Topic moderation on an existing public Topic
Topics that belong to existing public Groups will automatically be moderated to further protect those who use Flipgrid. To turn off Topic moderation, you'll need to update the permissions of the existing public Group first.
1. Select the existing Public Group.
2. Select Edit Group.
3. Go to the *Manage Members section.
5. Select Update Group .
6. Then, select the Group that your topic is located.
7. Use the pencil icon to Edit Topic .
8. Click on Settings .
9. Within the Topic section, toggle the Approve member activity setting to be off.
10. Turn off Topic Moderation.
11. Select Update Topic .