As a learner, you can create a video to submit to your educator in a few easy steps!
Step 1: Locate the join information from your educator
Your educator has given you one of these ways to join the right discussion:
- a Join Code (e.g. FGrid3567, a591dc5d) or a QR code
- a join link (e.g. https://flipgrid.com/FGrid3567 or https://flipgrid.com/a591dc5d )
- If you don’t have a school-provided email, then you’re educator should also give you a unique Student Username or Guest Password
Flipgrid works on most web browsers and mobile devices. We recommend Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome for the best web experience. For easy access to Flipgrid, download the Flipgrid extension. On mobile devices, download the free Flipgrid app for iOS and Android devices.
Step 2: Join the discussion
Get to your educator's discussion by using the link or code provided by your educator in step 1.
- If you were given a join link, click on that link.
- If you were given a Join Code, go to your web browser and enter https://flipgrid.com. You’ll see an area to enter a Join Code. Type the Join Code and press enter on your keyboard. On a mobile app, enter the code.
- If you were given a QR code, scan the QR code with your device camera or Flipgrid mobile app.
You’ll see a prompt to log in, enter a student username, or a password. If your Student Username or password are not working, be sure to double-check the case and space sensitivity.
Step 3: Record and Submit
Once you’ve joined, you’ll see your educator’s Topic, or discussion prompt. Follow the instructions and when you’re ready to record, click the red Record a Response button or the Flipgrid logo for the camera to start.
When you're in the Flipgrid camera, you can record a video in these 4 easy steps:
Tap to record - Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
Review your video - Trim, split, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
Take a selfie - The selfie will be the cover image for your video. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
Submit your video - Edit your name, add a title, or attach a link. Then submit!
The Flipgrid camera offers a lot of fun and creative ways for you to share your ideas and voice! Check out all the camera features here, learn how to import a custom video or how to include a screen recording.