Safari does not have the latest recording technology. Due to this, not all Flipgrid features will be available such as pause, drawing, and whiteboard mode. Apple has communicated they are exploring updates but nothing has been confirmed to date.
If you must use Safari, here are the recommended steps to make sure it performs best with Flipgrid:
- Update to the latest version. This will require a Mac OS update.
- Close any other tabs or other applications. Another website or application in the background may be causing issues.
- Update your Adobe Flash Player. Safari requires flash since they don't have the latest recording technology.
- Force quit the browser and try again (hold Command + Q on Mac).
- Restart your device and try again.
- Try another browser type to see if the issue persists. We recommend Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge.
If you are unable to check Allow camera permissions on Safari, this is due to the flash player. Try using the Tab key to navigate and Enter to select. Again, we recommend a different browser.