There are a few different reasons why a video might not upload successfully on an iOS device. Reasons may include the following:
- Older version of the Flipgrid app
- Slow network speed (a message will display if this is the error)
- Firewall restrictions
- Storage limit is reached
- Reduced performance from running other applications in the background
Upload Error Troubleshooting
If you are unable to submit and see an error saying it can't be uploaded, you should have an option to download the video or retry to submit the video. You also download the video so you can import it into the Flipgrid camera later.
To fix your issue, try logging out of the Topic or Group by selecting Log Out in the top right.
If issues continue, here are the recommended steps for iOS app:
- Update to the latest Flipgrid app and reinstall
- Open the App Store
- Select your profile icon on the top right to see a list of apps to update
- Update the Flipgrid app
- Closeout of any other apps that are running in the background
- Turn on Wifi or join a more reliable network (if the error is a network error)
- Turn off and restart your phone.
- Delete the app and reinstall
If you continue having issues, please try recording on a computer and the Microsoft Edge browser (preferred browser).
Have you completed all the steps to submit your video?
Did your video submit but can't be played?