The old Edge and Internet Explorer browsers do not have the latest recording technology. Due to this, not all Flipgrid features will be available such as pause, drawing, and whiteboard mode.
Microsoft has released the new Microsoft Edge with the latest recording technology, amazing speed, and privacy-by-default. Please download this on your PCs for the best Flipgrid experience. We also have the free iOS and Android apps.
Questions on using Flipgrid with the new Edge browser?
If you must use the old Edge or Internet Explorer, here are the recommended steps to make sure it performs best with Flipgrid:
- Update to the latest version or download the new Microsoft Edge.
- Close any other tabs or other applications. Another website or application in the background may be causing issues.
- Update your Flash Player. Old Edge and IE requires flash since they don't have the latest recording technology.
- Force quit the browser and try again (Alt+F4 on PC).
- Restart your device and try again.
- Try another browser type to see if the issue persists. We recommend Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge.
If you are unable to check Allow camera permissions on Edge or IE, this is due to the flash player. Try using the Tab key to navigate and Enter to select. Again, we recommend a different browser.