Educators and students can use a variety of features to not only share their voices, but to share their ideas, stories, learnings, and more! Screen recording allows educators and students to record their screen directly in the Flipgrid camera.
Using the mobile app? For iOS: use the native screen recorder and import it to Flipgrid! For Android: you will need to download a separate app as there is currently no native screen recorder option.
Once joining the Topic, you can record your screen in just a few easy steps!
- Open the camera to Record a Response
- Select the additional settings Options button
- Select Record screen
- Start the screen recording
You can choose to record your :
- Entire screen: captures the entire screen, including the video in the right corner.
- A specific application window: captures only that specific window
- A browser tab: which would capture a specific browser (Edge or Chrome only) tab
We hear you @JessHallal, @TechisforGirls, @mrR_tjmscience + @buddyxo! Today we're excited to announce...— Flipgrid (@Flipgrid) April 1, 2020
Screen Recording in @Flipgrid 🤯
We can't wait to see how you and your learners share your world with this supercharged upgrade 🚀 pic.twitter.com/6VSolNdfFb
- Go to your computer's System Preferences
- Select Privacy
- On the left menu, select Screen Recording
- Enable the Edge and Chrome browser to screen record
- Restart your browser to make sure the permissions are saved
- Any issues allowing permission, visit this Apple help article
- Open Windows Settings
- Select Privacy
- Select Camera
- Locate the toggle "Allow apps to access your camera" and set to "On"
- Scroll down and ensure your browser of choice has individual permission to access your camera
- Repeat this process for the Microphone setting