Our team works hard to ensure Flipgrid is inclusive and accessible to all. If enabled, all Flipgrid videos are automatically transcribed and close-captioned by Microsoft Azure. All Topics automatically have closed captioning on for English.
In addition to changing the language and disabling closed captions, educators can also edit closed captions. Students can't edit their closed captions but they can add custom text to their videos. Learn more here.
Edit closed captions on Topic videos:
- Visit your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Within Discussions, select the Topic or a Group to view a list of Topics within the Group
- Use the Actions button and select Edit Captions on the Topic video you'd like to edit the captions.
While editing, there are a few options:
- Edit text: Edit the text if there are any incorrect captions.
- Combine: Combining the caption will merge the text field with the one above it to create one longer caption. This is helpful for short captions.
- Split: Splitting the caption will break the text in that caption into two separate captions. This is helpful for long captions.