Our team works hard to ensure Flipgrid is inclusive and accessible to all. All Flipgrid videos have the option for automatic transcription and closed captions by Microsoft Azure. The default language for closed captions is English.
In addition to changing the language and disabling closed captions, Group leads can also edit closed captions and add closed captions on videos with no audio. Members can't edit their closed captions but they can add custom text to their videos.
Edit closed captions on Topic videos:
- Go to your Educator Dashboard at admin.flipgrid.com.
- In Groups, select a Group to view a list of Topics then select your Topic.
- Use the More Options button and select Edit Captions on the Topic video you'd like to edit the captions.
- On the video, page select Closed Caption to begin editing the caption.
While editing, there are a few options:
- Edit text: Edit the text if there are any incorrect captions.
- Combine: Combine captions to create one longer caption. This is helpful for very short captions.
- Split: Splitting the caption will break the text in that caption into two separate captions. This is helpful for very long captions.