Every Group in Flipgrid comes with a Student list, which records every student that has accessed the Group. In addition, from this list, educators can also:
- View all the videos submitted by each student to Topics in the Group
- Block a student from participating in the Group
- Sync changes to the Google Classroom roster (if applicable)
Here's how you can view the Student list for a Group:
- Go to the Discussions tab in your Flipgrid Educator Dashboard
- Click on a Group, and click on the Students tab to view the list of students
This is NOT a list of who has Permission to access the Group
Please update the Group's Permissions setting to grant or deny someone access to the Group. From there, you'll find that the Student list won't necessarily match the list of people with Permission to access the Group:
- If someone is listed in the Permissions setting but not in the Student list, that person is allowed to access the Group but has not actually done so.
- If someone is listed in the Student list but not in the Permissions setting, that person is no longer allowed to access the Group but has done so in the past.
What counts as "accessing" the Group?
It depends on the Permission type.
|Permission Type||What Counts As "Access"|
|Student Email||Student successfully signs in to the Group with their school email|
|Student is added to the Group in the Permissions setting|
|Google Classroom||Student was on the Google Classroom roster when it was last synced|
|Public||Student signs in to the Group with a Microsoft or Google email when they attempt to record a video submission|
Description of each column in the list
|Name||Student's first name and last initial|
|Email Address*||Email address used to sign in to the Group, or the email provided when the student submitted a video|
|Student ID*||Username used to sign in to the Group|
|Last Video||Date of the student's last video submission|
|Last Accessed||Date when the student last accessed the Group|
|Videos||Total number of videos - both Responses and Comments - submitted by the student|
*If you change the Group's Permission type from Student Email or Public to Student Username, all students will automatically be assigned a Student ID. If you change it back to Student Email or Public, the Email Address will show for students who have previously signed in to the Group with their email. Otherwise, for those who have only signed in with a Student ID, the Email Address will be blank.