With Student List, educators can easily view who has joined the Grid, an overview of how many videos a student has submitted, and the ability to block or delete a student.
Accessing the Student List
- From My Grids, select the Grid.
- Select the Students tab to view a list of students
Student List Overview
The Student List will show all students who have joined the Grid using an email, Student ID, or Topic Guest link. For Educator Learning Communities, students will be added only once they attempt to record a video, which would require them to log in using their Google or Microsoft email.
- Name - the first name and last initial of the student
- Email Address - Email address used to join the Grid (School Email and Educator Learning Community Grids, and Topic Guests who add the optional email)
- Student ID - the Student ID used to join the Grid (Student ID Grids)*
- Last Response - the date of the last video submitted by the student
- Last Accessed - the date of the last time the student accessed the Grid
- Videos - the total number of videos (Responses and Replies) submitted by the student.
*When changing the Grid type from School Email or Educator Learning Communities to Student IDs, all students will automatically be assigned a Student ID. If the Grid is changed back to School Emails or Educator Learning Communities, the emails will show for those who have logged in using email but will be empty for students who had only accessed the Grid using a Student ID.
How students are added to Student List
School Email Grids
A student is added to the list once they enter the Flip Code and successfully sign in with their school email.
A student is added to the list once the educator adds the student in the Grid settings.
Educator Learning Communities
A student is added to the list once the student attempts to record a video by signing in with a Google or Microsoft email.
Topic Guest Access
A student is added once they attempt to record a video and enter their first and last name. Their email will show in the list if an email (optional for Topic Guests) is added.