We work very hard to make sure Flipgrid is inclusive and accessible to all. If turned on, all Flipgrid videos are automatically transcribed and close-captioned by Microsoft Azure. In addition to changing the language and disabling closed captions, Educators can also edit closed captions. Students can't edit their closed captions but they can add custom text to their videos. Learn more here.
How to edit closed captions on Shorts videos:
- Visit your Educator account at admin.flipgrid.com.
- Go to your Shorts videos in the top menu
- Select the Shorts video
- Select the Edit Captions video on the bottom right
- Edit your captions and update!
While editing, there are a few options:
- Edit text: Edit the text if there are any incorrect captions.
- Combine: Combining the caption will merge the text field with the one above it to create one longer caption. This is helpful for short captions.
- Split: Splitting the caption will break the text in that caption into two separate captions. This is helpful for long captions.